YOU LOVE OUR WORK?
Who We Are
Entito Sidai encourages women around the world to realize their value and reach their potential through education. As a result, many girls have been enrolled in our Empowerment programs in partnership with our Kajiado based schools and Rescue centres that allows them to better feed and care for the young girls.
Anti-FGM Campaign Female genital mutilation (sometimes called female genital cutting and female genital mutilation/cutting) is defined by the WHO as referring to all procedures involving partial or total removal of the external female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons. FGM is a form of gender-based violence and has been recognized as a harmful practice and a violation of the human rights of girls and women. Between 100 and 140 million girls and women in the world are estimated to have undergone such procedures, and 3 million girls are estimated to be at risk of undergoing the procedures every year
The organization aims at eradicating Ignorance, Diseases, Poverty and violence to the victims of FGM by:
- Setting up Income generating projects to help develop a revolving fund and enable self-reliance attainment among members.
- Establishing programs aimed at promoting awareness of the girl child in the society.
- Sourcing for affordable medical services to the community at large.
- Encouraging the continuous development and free distribution of human knowledge.
- Denouncing all forms of violence: physical, economic, psychological, sexual, religious etc.
- Promoting positive personal, cultural and social diversity.
- Identifying and supporting needy school children to attain formal education and training.
- Establishing a sustainable steady network with other stakeholders: The government, organized groups, Institutions and Individuals to help promote the value of human life.
Have a Chance to Volunteer with Us
Kenya is a middle income country but its prosperity and growth have been uneven. The nation is home to about 45million people, 80% of whom live in rural areas and rely almost entirely on seasonal rainfall to make their living from small scale farming. When rain fails, crop fail and people are left without a source of food or income.
80% of the land in Kenya is arid and nearly over a third of the population live below the international poverty line.
Access to adequate quantities of nutritious foods remains a challenge to many.
Malnutrition remains unacceptably high with 29% of children in rural areas being affected. Many children in Kenyan schools suffer from hunger.” WHY FEED CHILDREN?” Malnutrition remains unacceptably high with 29% of children in rural areas being affected. Many children in Kenyan schools suffer from hunger.
Some have to walk long distances to and from school and majority come from poverty striken homes. Entito Sidai identified a school in Kumpa, Kajiado County with a high number of children facing hunger; Kumpa Holy Mothers Primary School. On 5th March 2018, the members visited the school, met the school management as well as with the local authorities; chief and the assistant chief. The management acknowledged the initiative from Entito Sidai was a good start stating that hunger is one of the major problems the pupils are facing. Shortly after the feeding program started
Our Major Focus
The major objective of this program is to encourage the young generation to continue pursuing their education instead of dropping out of school due to FGM & lack of food.Poverty and illiteracy are some of the factors that led to early marriages.
Through Uji program, children will grow healthy both physically and mentally creating a good environment for studies